9:40 - 10:00 Erehal
After coffee, we move to room 'Delvaux' for:
The Sun in STEREO : 10y
The human interest story on the spacecraft STEREO with
and Barbara Thompson
Your host: Andrei Zhukov
The art of Space weather forecasting
- Satellites - by Petra Vanlommel
- Sunspots - by Olivier Lemaitre
- Space Weather@B.USOC - by Carla Jacobs
- SW Forecast in practice - by Elke D'Huys
Space Weather Impacts: Socio-Economic costs and benefits of mitigation
Why we worry about space weather? How can we deal with it?
* We start with a 5min introduction by Antti Pulkkinen.
* An elevator pitch by all the panel members: Antti Pulkkinen, Mark Gibbs, Edward Oughton and Alan Thomson
* Rocket round: only yes/no answers by the panel members.
* Q&A and panel discussion - we expand the discussion on the yes/no answers. The audience has also the possibility to fire questions.
11:50-12:00 by K.D. Leka
Results from the ESWW12 casino bets: how many X-flares will occur between Nov 27 2015 and the start of ESWW13?