Workshop - Water vapour, meteorology and climate
Thursday May 19, 2011 - Meridian room at ROB
|During this full day workshop, we review and further coordinate the research and the product/service development carried
out within the STCE around the theme 'Observing of the atmospheric water vapour'.|
With informal presentations and open discussions, we try to identify areas of common interest and to encourage present
and future collaborations. Participants can outline their different activities and plans.
The workshop will be organised in three sessions:
- The observation of the atmospheric water vapour and the technique/instrumental inter-comparisons;
- The use/provision of water vapour observations for weather forecasting (NWP, SRNWP) and nowcasting applications;
- The use/provision of water vapour observations for climate applications.
- The workshop is based on informal presentations focusing on present and future activities in the domain.
Presenters are thus invited to think his presentation to provide the material needed for the open discussions
and to stimulate collaborations
- The time attributed to each talk is about 15 minutes, including one or two quick question(s).
Other questions can be addressed during the open discussions
- Time slots for discussions are just indicative: we would like to give all chances to the open discussions and therefore,
the schedule (particularly the start of session 2) might be shifted earlier/latter depending on the time taken by these discussions.
If some participants would like to attend only the second session of the meeting, we can contact them 10-15 min before the session starts
Roeland van Malderen
|Date: May 19, 2011 |
Venue: Meridian Room, Royal Observatory of Belgium, Avenue Circulaire 3, B-1180 Uccle
We encourage you to present your activities in this area to make this meeting as constructive as possible.
Anyone interested in attending the workshop and/or presenting its research and ideas is kindly invited to contact eric.pottiaux at oma.be..
Please feel free to pass this information to anybody who might be interested in this meeting.
We are looking forward to see you at this workshop!