User Guide to the parallel sessions
Monday Nov 5, 10:00 - 11:45, Promotion Room near the registration desk, in the University Halls
On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 3 sessions run parallel. We want to help you to make a choice.
The User Guide to the parallel sessions includes 3 30'rounds. Each round consists of
* Informative speeches from the session ambassadors,
* Hearing of the public,
* Participants take a decision, with help of a sophisticated tool 'The Matchmaker'*.
Note that coffee is served from 9:30 to help you to get awake and fully ready for the live presented User Guide to the parallel sessions.
The Monday sessions dilemma
Wednesday sessions dilemma
- Solar Corona and Heliosphere: From Flares to CMEs and Interplanetary Shocks, by Jasmina Magdalenic,
- Geomagnetic Storms - Ground and near-Earth Space Weather Impacts, by Craig Rodger
- Advancements and opportunities towards national and global resilience for space weather events, by Seth Jonas
- Aviation Meets Space Weather - Roadmap Towards Space Weather Services for Aviation, by Erwin De Donder.
Friday sessions dilemma
- Unveiling Current Challenges in Space Weather Forecasting, by Ryan McGranaghan
- Radiation Environments: From Solar Origin to Effects on Space Missions, by Eamonn Daly
- Citizen Science and Public Engagement, by Stijn Calders,
- Satellite observations of the thermosphere-ionosphere contributing to Space Weather products and forecasting, by Eelco Doornbos.
- Space Weather Instrumentation, by Sylvie Benck
- Thermosphere and Ionosphere : Irregular dynamics and structures as a response to Space Weather Events, by Brett Carter
- Critical challenges and recent advances in the reliable forecast of solar activity and extreme space weather events, by Elena Popova,
- Scientific and technological aspects of planetary space weather, by Mauro Messerotti.
* Participants will be asked to choose their favourite item out of a list.
case 1: Snow white, Gandalf, Superman, Rapunzel.
case 2: EUV, ionosphere, satellite, forecast.
... up to +/- case 20
If the choices of a participant are in most cases the same as the choices of an ambassador, the participant matches
with that ambassador and his/her session.
Wisdom from my favourite cat: